Wednesday 27 November 2013

Courgette bread and Sweet potato and Parsnip soup

Dear all,

It's not just baking, it's cooking and experimenting with food in general that I like. This week I would like to share the courgette and mushroom bread I made with sweet potato and parsnip soup. Because I can! Ha!

So this required grating the courgettes, salting them, draining the water, rinsing them, and then squeezing them until no more liquid came out. Lot of work! Add mushrooms and garlic, and hey presto.

The bread was lovely and moist, and stayed moist for several days because of the courgettes. And the sweet potato, parsnip and carrot soup was quite sweet, but could be deliciously offset with some bacon bits (not pictured).


And would you look at that, I seem to have all the same ingredients in my fridge again - time to bake/cook!

xoxo Jennifer

0 comments: